It’s the nightmare that everyone prays doesn’t happen, but it inevitably does: your truck has broken down on the highway. You thought it was working fine but little did you know there was an underlying issue that would wait to rear its ugly head as soon as you started barreling down the highway. That’s not just an inconvenience; it’s downright scary.
When you’re dealing with a repair need on the road, there are a few steps you should take to ensure that you’re safe while you wait for your mobile truck repair service to reach you. We’ll go over how to handle the situation so you can get back to driving.
1. Don’t panic. If this is your first experience breaking down, it can be scary. That’s especially the case if you’re dealing with an issue that makes operating the vehicle difficult. But just remember that this happens to everyone. Mobile truck repair services like Capital Diesel exist that can find you and fix your problem on site.
2. Get to the side of the road. The most basic action you need to take is to get on the shoulder as soon as you notice something isn’t right. The last thing you want is to cause an accident with the cars surrounding you after you’re no longer in control.
3. Set up safety devices. As a truck driver, you should always carry cones and road flares on you. Especially at night, this is a way you can clearly alert other drivers from a far distance that you’re on the shoulder – or, worse yet, stuck on the road. Turn on your hazards and set everything up to make sure cars can see you.
4. Call 911 if needed. When your truck is stuck in a perilous situation, call 911 as soon as possible. They can help avert danger by setting up emergency lights and roping off your vehicle until you can get your repair completed.
5. Stay inside your truck. No matter how cautious you are or how isolated the road is, you always risk the potential for another vehicle to hit you when you least expect it. The safest place for you to wait is inside of your truck.
6. Call a responsive mobile repair service company like Capital Diesel. Whatever your issue is, you want to get your repairs done fast. It’s safer for you and helps you get to your next destination more quickly. Find a mobile repair service company like Capital Diesel that can get there quickly – preferable within the half hour.
Now that you have an idea on how to respond, you can go into your next drive confidently and be prepared for anything!